Pine Dove Farm - A Unique Community!
Pine Dove Farm is Florida’s first Planned Agricultural Community (PAC). This community provides people in the area with a welcoming and sophisticated rural environment while maintaining convenient access to and from the resources of a bustling city.
Pine Dove Farm also provides workshops and seminars to residents and nonresidents on gardening, composting, canning, farming, GREEN living and much more to encourage healthy living and to inspire farm-to-table practices.
Building Eco-friendly Homes
Pine Dove Farm provides an enriching lifestyle from gardens to homes. It’s a community within nature through a farmhouse-style theme, eco-friendly homes and large home-sites.
Pine Dove Farm focuses on healthy day-to-day living practices for the residents of it’s community. Pine Dove Farm is a unique rural, calm environment with a serene atmosphere.
Information About The Area
- The name Tallahassee stems from a Muskogean Indian word. The literal translation of the word means “old fields”. The Creek Indians migrated through this area during the 18th and 19th centuries and gave the city its name, which stuck till today.
- It is believed that the first Christmas celebrated in the United States was celebrated at the site of the DeSoto encampment in what is now Tallahassee.
- Tallahassee residents celebrated a white Christmas in 1989. This is a rare occurrence in this sub-tropical climate.
- In 2006 the National Recreation and Park Association honored Tallahassee with the award of Best in America for Parks and Recreations.
- Tallahassee is home to the third tallest capital building located in the United States. The building is a twenty three story one that was designed by Edward Durell Stone.
- Tallahassee has ninety five square miles of land and over two square miles of water.
Outdoor Amenities in Pine Dove Farm
To build and strengthen the community, there are several future amenities in the works for Pine Dove Farm. These amenities include a clubhouse with a pool, community center, large gym, boathouse and much more.
Residents are sure to have a perfect relationship with nature as they enjoy various outdoor activities such as hiking, nature viewing, fishing, and over three miles of walking trails.
Canoeing, Paddle boating and Kayaking
Residents have exclusive access to two beautiful lakes. Each lake in Pine Dove Farm is designed for water activities like kayaking, paddle-boarding and canoeing. There is also a provision for a paddle barn where residents can conveniently store their water sports equipment.
In addition to canoeing and kayaking, there are nearly 115 acres of conservation land in Pine Dove Farm set aside for walking trails lined with native forestry. Residents will have a firsthand experience with Florida’s wildlife and nature when enjoying these easy-to-follow marked paths.
Developer James Jarret and Farm Manager Johnathon Tilley share their masterplan vision they have for Tallahassee's new Agrihood, Pine Dove Farm.